Monday, September 29, 2008

Beginnings

LO has inspired me. I've thought about this activity for sometime, but have had reservations. One is the time element. Can I be disciplined enough to keep it up? Two is how do I keep it interesting. My promise is to do both.

LO is my friend, Linda. Catch her at http://lowriting.blogspot.com/

Professionally, I am a technical writer. I have been in management, but I am now back as an individual contributor--and I love it. I hadn't realized how much I missed the writing. Currently, I am exploring a different kind of writing. I am attempting to write a novel. I have almost completed chapter 3. Two friends have reviewed the first chapter: one is excited and wants more and the second hasn't presented me with her opinion.

This novel intruded in my life as a dream. The characters popped out fully formed. The dream was about their relationships and, so far, the novel is as well. I know that this sounds inane, but I really don't know where these characters are taking me or the book. I am just along for the ride and the writing.

After I get a couple of more people to review, I may post some it here.

1 comment:

John Hedtke said...

The desire to write in a blog comes and goes. I had originally been shooting for something roughly once a day, but there have been too many periods where weeks have gone by without anything happening: either I was too busy, too preoccupied, or just didn't have the energy to post thoughts.

Recently, I've gone back up to 3-4x/week, which is pretty tolerable. I'm hoping to restore what little readership I had had, as well.