Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Master Gardener Class

At the first of September, I join a Master Gardener Class. I have only lived in the "fer nort" for two years. I know none of the plants here and less about how to feed and care for them. Master Gardener classes will help with both of these. Additionally, I am meeting a splendid group of people.

On Saturday, I volunteered cleaning up a 4X20 bed in front of the Grafton library. The two ladies who initiated the project three or four years ago are in their seventies and needed some assistance. While two of us showed up to help, they persisted in doing the majority of the work.

Classes are on Tuesday nights. Last night we had a plant disease expert talk about plant fungi, bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens that affect plants. It was a good talk.

No comments: