Sunday, April 5, 2009

One day of spring, one + days of winter....

I am sorry to be so mono-focused. But I am getting tired of snow and the prediction of snow.

Yesterday was an early spring day. The sun shone. Temps in the 40s. Gary helped me move the wonderful benches that Chris made me at Christmas moved down to the lower patio. I started the massive chore of cleaning up the yard. Only got a small portion completed. But it did feel good getting a good dose of Vitamin D. (Did you know that Vitamin D is misnamed? It really is a hormone.)

Shuffling leaves, I found two little crocus popping up their little yellow heads. It warmed my soul. I then walked into the house and heard the weather report. 7 to 8 inches of snow on Sunday. What a downer!

Today is gray. It has not started snowing, but it is the right temperature. Gary brought in wood for the fire place. I am going to settle in with a book and a martini in front of a fire.

No comments: