Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Changing of the Closets

Well, at least this job is almost done. I have all the summer clothes moved to the guest bedroom closet and all the winter clothes moved to my closet. It was quite a mess. Normally, I perform this exercise twice a year. Last fall it didn't happen because I wore jeans and sweaters while working out of the house all winter. This spring it didn't happen because I shattered my left wrist. Fortunately, I had had a huge throw out when we moved from California to Wisconsin. But even so, there is this mound in the hall that needs to be dealt with and the sort/move has taken me most all day. Normally, this is a job that requires 2 or 3 hours max.

I do still have shoes to go through, but that shouldn't be so bad as I have bought only a few pair this year. Part of the job is getting all the leather shoes cleaned and polished. I think I will wait until next weekend to do that.

I have good clothes that I haven't worn in several years that I am sorting out to give to a local program that provides clothing to women entering or re-entering the work force. Others will be bagged to be sent to Good Will.

The motivation for all this activity is today's high -- 29 degrees. Gary saw a few snow flakes this morning. We probably have a few more weeks of autumn, but winter is giving us her first few kisses. I'll be delighted if she holds off the first real snows until December.

No comments: